Glossybox used to be my favourite beauty box due to the majority of there products sent being make-up related but I've found recently it can be a little hit and miss. At £10.00 per month plus £3.25 p&p this is the most expensive of the boxes and although the samples are large the brands tend to be affordable. This month however I am really impressed with the contents. I received 6 samples this month which is always a bonus especially when half of these are full size, three products are make-up, three products bath/body a great variation. The below picture shows you what I received from front to back, left to right.
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer pre- shampoo treatment. I received 40ml full size (250ml) retails for £38.
- Figs & Rouge mango and mandarin hand cream. I received 20ml full size (80ml) retails for £6.95.
- Lalique L'amour eau de parfum. I received 2ml full size (50ml) retails for £67.00.
- Essence long lasting lipstick in shade natural beauty. I received a full size product which retails for £2.29.
- Yves Rocher mini nail polish in shade Esmalte. I received full size which retails for £3.60.
- Kryolan for Glossybox highlighter in cashmere. Again I received a full size retail £12.95.
Next up is the middle priced box by Birchbox retailing for £10.00 plus £2.95 p+p only a shave cheaper than our pink friend Glossybox. Birchbox to me always appears to work with more luxurious products, products that not your everyday Joe Bloggs would go out and purchase from boots however the samples are usually smaller. I tend to receive more skin and hair products from this subscription box which can come in handy for travelling or cheeky nights out. This month Birchbox switched up there usual packaging and sent there offerings in a very cute make-up bag which I feel bumped the product count up to 7, covered in cute ice lolly's and seaside decoration's it is the perfect accessory for those little trips. Getting over the super cute bag inside was 6 products (one in which I forgot to picture). Once again the picture below shows you what I received. (Left to right)
- Nude progenius omega treatment oil. I recieved 5ml full size (30ml) retails for £58.00.
- Wild about beauty powder eyeshadow in shade 04 Becca. Full size received reatil £13.00.
- Vasanti brightenup enzymatic face rejuvenator exfoliator. I received 20g full size (90g) which retails for £26.00.
- Number 4 super comb prep and protect leave in conditioner. I received 30ml full size (200ml) retails for £20.00.
- Supergoop daily correct SPF 35 CC cream. I received 2 x 3ml tubes full size retails for £32.00 (40ml).
- I also received (missing item) the first chapter from the new book The Proposal by Tasmina Perry.
The final box is a relatively new box to me by You Beauty Discovery it is also the cheapest of the three at only £6.95 including p+p. This box isn't as well known yet as Glossybox and Birchbox but it is rapidly making its appearances with popular bloggers and vloggers. You Beauty also has a slightly different system, each month on the 1st the subscriber gets to choose two products from a selection of around ten the other products in the box are a surprise. If you would like some more information on this box then I did a post last week explaining how it works and what I received in June and July. Click here to read that post. As before below are the products received.
- Jimmy Choo eau de parfum. I received a sample vile full size retails for £38.50 (40ml).
- A four step nail file value unknown.
- (Chosen product) Marsk mineral eye shadow in shade rich list. I received a full size which retails for £14.49.
- (Chosen products) Just be botanical's hydrating serum. I received 10ml full size (30ml) £34.95.
- FaceD cream serum 1 sachet received.
What is your favourite beauty box?
Miss un-savvy spender